Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Morning

This morning, well, afternoon really, I was happily awoken to the sound of my love's cell phone ringing. It was our new land lords telling us that we will be signing the contract for our new home tonight. This is the first home that I will share with someone of my choosing, which is a very big deal for me. I am finally becoming that adult I've been pretending to be for the last year.



After the initial phone call, I rolled over and curled up to my love, very happily. He woke up in a very dominant mood and we laid there for a half hour, with him just stroking my face, holding me and petting me. I have never in my life felt more loved and adored by someone in my life. I consider myself to lucky to have my lover as my best friend, my dom and someday my husband. I have dreamed of love like this, but never have I experienced it.

My love's sister mentioned last night how brave I am for coming to Iceland, not knowing the language. To be fair, this is not the first place I have come to not knowing the language, and it is not like I traveled halfway around the world from New York City to be here for him only. I spent the last semester studying in Amsterdam, and so it only seemed natural that once me and my love got together that I would spend some of my summer with him. So far, it is proving to be a magical time. Please don't be under the impression that we're just in that honeymoon floating phase of a relationship where nothing is wrong. We are actually facing many challenges that we will face in the rest of our lives. He is terribly affirming of my wishes and dreams, and even just my normal thoughts.



Last night was a very nice night. During the ride to the airport, the sun gave us a show, giving the illusion it was setting, setting the sky on fire in pink and orange clouds. It was so amazing. As we drove, there were some rock sculptures on the horizon that looked like an entire fleet of Viking ships flying towards us. It was stunning. It also felt symbolic... I felt like it was the true start of a new beginning. I feel like my life is starting up at this point, and I am ready to run with it.

No comments: